Terms & Conditions
AFAB Precision Machining
PURCHASE ORDER QUALITY REQUIREMENTS
The following quality requirements apply to every purchase order issued by AFAB Precision Machining. Additional requirements may apply in accordance with our customers’ requirements as stated on the actual purchase order. Should you have any questions or require clarification, it is your responsibility to contact us. By accepting the Purchase Order, you are acknowledging to comply with the following quality requirements.
- Right Of Entry – You are required to grant AFAB Precision Machining, our customers and regulatory authorities access to applicable areas of your facility, and those of your sub-tiers involved in the fulfillment purchase orders and applicable records to ensure compliance with all applicable requirements.
- Revision Level – All processing/service associated with AFAB Precision Machining purchase orders must be performed in accordance with the latest specification revision unless specifically requested.
- Nonconforming Product – You are required to notify AFAB Precision Machining of any nonconforming product as result of your process/service. Nonconforming product must not be further processed without written authorization. Immediate notification must be made, of any process or product discrepancy discovered or suspected after delivery, in writing to prevent further processing and/or delivery of nonconforming product to AFAB Precision Machining’s customer(s).
- Discrepancies – You are required to notify AFAB Precision Machining when there is a discrepancy in piece count and/or any parts of our requirements are unclear.
- Process Changes – You are required to notify AFAB Precision Machining if any quality requirements cannot be met as stated on the purchase order, or if any process changes are made (i.e. specification changes or later revisions, material substitution, etc.).
- Acceptance Requirements – AFAB Precision Machining reserves the right to approve or specify any requirements for designs, tests, inspection plans, verifications, use of statistical techniques for product acceptance, and any applicable critical items including key characteristics.
- Test Specimens – AFAB Precision Machining reserves the right to designate requirements for test specimens for design approval, inspection/verification, investigation or auditing.
- Sub-Tier Controls – You are required to flow down all applicable purchase order requirements, including key characteristics, to sub-tier suppliers when applicable. AFAB Precision Machining must have previous knowledge and approval of all (sub-tier) suppliers used for our product.
- Documentation – You are required to provide documented proof of processing and/or material traceability (process certification, mill report, physical and or chemical test results, etc.) with each and every shipment/order.
- Records – You are required to retain process records, certifications and test reports for a minimum of 7 years unless another specific, documented agreement has been made. These records must be made available for review by request of AFAB Precision Machining, our customers and regulatory authorities in accordance with contract or regulatory requirements.
- Traceability – Certificates of Conformance or Process Certifications must identify the Part Number, Revision or Issue, Purchase Order Number, Quality, AFAB Precision Machining Job Number, all relevant Specification with Revisions and Material Heat Number when known; contain the name, title, date, and signature of issuer.
- Handling – Product must be handled, stored and packaged to prevent damage or deterioration.
- For Calibration Sources – You are required to comply with the requirements of ANSI/NCSL Z540, ISO 10012 or ISO 17025. All certificate(s) of calibration must reflect compliance and include as-received calibration results.
- FOREIGN MATERIAL SOURCE – When required by contract, raw material must be certified as domestic from mill in a qualified country as listed on the Bilateral Airworthiness Agreement (BAA) and/or DFARS paragraphs 252.225-7014 ALT 1 and 225.872-1.
See one of the following websites for complete listing of authorized countries:
- Approved Process Suppliers – Suppliers initially approved for use via ISO, AS or NADCAP certification must notify AFAB Precision Machining of any changes in approval status. You may have been delegated process and inspection authority to ensure all applicable process and material specifications are met and documented accordingly. You are required, upon request, to demonstrate and provide evidence of your process to planned results and establish arrangements for the process including:
- Defined criteria for review and approval of the process (qualification and approval of special processes prior to use)
- Approval of equipment and qualifications of personnel
- Use of specific methods and procedures (control of the significant operations and parameters of special process in accordance with the documented process specifications and changes thereto)
- Requirements for records
|F 7.4.2 REV A PRINTED COPIES ARE UNCONTROLLED